An event every week that begins at 10:00 am on Thursday, repeating until June 25, 2020
Truman Waterfront Farmers Market Reopens May 21
In cooperation with the City of Key West, the Truman Waterfront Farmers Market will reopen Thursday, May 21 from 10 am to 2 pm. New safety measures and precautions will be in place to guard guests and the vendors who serve them. Masks will be required, spaced line management enforced, social distance signage posted and the number of guests per stall limited. Booths will be spaced out in one long row down the Mole facing the open ocean. Key West First Legal Rum Distillery will be giving free "Ruminizer" and hand sanitizing stations will be at the entrance. Organizers realize patrons will be eager to socialize but are reminded to not congregate in groups larger than 10 and to wear masks when less than six feet apart.
The Market typically includes cheese, produce, fruit, baked goods, plants and fresh seafood along with international cuisine available for take-away. Arts, crafts and general merchandise round out the offerings. Farmers Markets are listed as essential service in the State of Florida emergency order and retail is now permitted in phase 1 openings. "We hope everyone shows up to support this and helps make sure its sustainable by practicing proper social distancing." Sean Krikorian, organizer said. "The vendors have truly missed their customers and are looking forward to serving the community." He suggests any local restaurants or businesses that want to participate reach out at 305.731.3385 or email email@example.com. The Key West Farmers Market at the Truman Waterfront began in August 2019 and is organized by Daily Plan-it who also hosts the Key West Artisan Market at Higgs Beach.
How Customers can help:
• Come to market in good health
• Face coverings are REQUIRED!
• Please use the First Legal Rum hand sanitizer located at the entrance before proceeding to the vendors
• Touch only what you are buying; point to items for the vendor to bag
• Regulate your own social spacing - remember 6' apart
• Refrain from congregating in groups over 10
• Look for and adhere to posted signage
• Watch for chalk marks on the ground
• Wash all produce before consumption
Market Safety Measures:
• Hand sanitizing stations will be available at the entrance and sanitizer at each booth
• Chalk marks for lines
• Limit on people per stall
• Plenty of signage to remind everyone to social distance
• Sampling is suspended
• Additional space via wider market aisles and vendor spacing
• Proper adherence to state & county health code
• Market Managers policing social distancing rules